Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the manga Deleter Blank Ink 1 and could help me out with this problem I've been having.

A while back, I picked up a bottle of Deleter Black Ink 1 from a swapluck. I tried it out using my Speedball quill nib set and it worked out well (I was able to get a lot more finer lines than with the India Ink I've used previously)... however, it seems to also dry up really quickly so the flow from the nib isn't really ideal, and I find myself having to clean the tip of the nib out a couple of times from the dry lumps that "clog" the tip and make the tip "dull".

The Deleter Ink I picked up was used before, and my guess is that the solvent content is now kind of low due to previous evaporation when it was still in the hands of the previous owner. But I've never tried using this brand of ink before so I don't know if fast-drying is just one of the properties. Anyone know more about this ink?
Topics: deleter ink
Be the first person to like this.
HeavenhairSixes
I mostly use Higgins or FW ink so I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure Deleter Black 6 is the only one from the range that is supposed to be fast drying and everyone I have heard talk about Deleter ink has specifically commented on how easy it is to keep nibs clean with it.

I did have similar problems though with other brands of ink after I left the pots open right below a hot desk lamp for significant lengths of time while I was working. Which in hindsight was pretty dumb. So I'm guessing your issues are more likely to do with how the ink was looked after by its previous owner...
FinalVirucide

I mostly use Higgins or FW ink so I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure Deleter Black 6 is the only one from the range that is supposed to be fast drying and everyone I have heard talk about Deleter ink has specifically commented on how easy it is to keep nibs clean with it.

I did have similar problems though with other brands of ink after I left the pots open right below a hot desk lamp for significant lengths of time while I was working. Which in hindsight was pretty dumb. So I'm guessing your issues are more likely to do with how the ink was looked after by its previous owner...

Hmm, interesting info! Perhaps the bottle I picked up was also exposed to the same conditions. It might be a binder issue then.
Page generated in 0.0993 seconds with 42 queries and GZIP enabled on 197.189.204.18.