dream.jpg

This is Artrift's first competition! The contest is to create an original wallpaper themed around Dreams! Your wallpaper will be turned into a profile theme on Artrift. (Obviously you get full credit for the work)

The over all winner will receive an ASUS EEE Pad Transformer! Also, your artwork will be featured on the Artrift homepage for 2 weeks. See the video below to see what the Asus EEE Pad is all about.

ABOUT THE CONTEST
This contest is sponsored by Artrift. We want you to submit your most creative dream themed wallpaper. Unleash your creativity and go wild.

Read more below to find out about judging criteria, contest rules. Entries are open from now until the 15th of September 2011. We will be announcing the winners at the end of September

CONTEST JUDGING
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:

1. Skill and professionalism of design.
2. The originality and concept direction.
3. Attention to pixel perfect detail.
5. Adherence to the Terms & Conditions of the contest.

HOW TO ENTER
To enter this contest you must submit your artwork via these instructions:
1. Submit an image with a Minimum resolution of 1280 pixels by 1024 pixels
2. Artwork must be submitted to the Contests > Dream Wallpaper category

DREAM WALLPAPER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. There may be a maximum of 3 entries per user
2. Staff and reviewers may enter (except me, Landman)
3. Wallpaper size to be a minumum resolution of 1280x1024
4. Entries must be submitted to the Contests > Dream Wallpaper category
5. Entries into this contest must be entirely your work.
6. You must be registered on Artrift.
7. HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE !!!
Last update on July 16, 8:42 pm by TheLandman.
Be the first person to like this.
simon subrosa
yea, good idea. maybe tell the winner(s) to provide a tutorial
PHILIPPE SERRETTE
♥♥♥♥ !!!
TheLandman

hey Chris,

do you want wips as well or just the finished work here? Would be nice to have the contestants show their progress. Can learn a lot from other peoples approaches and provide / receive useful critique.

Feel free to post Works in progress. All final entries should be posted here http://www.artrift.com/photo/contests/dream-wallpaper/
Big Grin
TheLandman

Can i take an picture with my camera (Nikon D3100 + many items) and then edit it in Photoshop?

Or what are the rules about that?

Yeah, definitely. As long as the pictures belong to you. Grin
TheLandman
211 said...

OK, I uploaded a image for the contest. It shows up in my photo album, but not the contest page. Did I do something wrong, or is there a delayed action?

Hi Patrish! First off, thats a beautiful piece of work that you've created! Grin Your image was posted under the "Customization > Wallpapers" category. I have put it in the correct category "Contests > Dream Wallpaper"

Congrats on being the first entry in the contest! Grin
TheLandman
211 said...

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the categories. And thank you - I'll see what i can come up with at work tonight. Yes, they let me play at work. LOL!

You get to play at work??!! I be tripping I wish I could play at work. I always have to becareful that my boss isn't peaking over my shoulder.
Michael Olszak
Hahahahaha men!!!! They're all the same Big Grin
Pin-ups rule though Tongue

Nice piece of work Patrish. I myself did some sketching to figure out an idea but haven't had the chance to do any decent work on it. Just got back from a business trip and am Jetlagged as hell. Still, i have a vew more days.
TheLandman

Its working now, mate?
Btw, nice contest, cheers!

Thanks man! Glad you got the chance to enter the contest! Grin
Michael Olszak
Ok didn't really have a lot of time to work on this and i forgot to take my wacom with me on my business trip so i had to do all of it with a mouse Unhappy trust me i gained a new level of appreciation for my wacom tablet Big Grin

so the piece is in the contest category. Very little entries on this one, that's too bad.
Let me know what you guys think.
TheLandman

Ok didn't really have a lot of time to work on this and i forgot to take my wacom with me on my business trip so i had to do all of it with a mouse Unhappy trust me i gained a new level of appreciation for my wacom tablet Big Grin

so the piece is in the contest category. Very little entries on this one, that's too bad.
Let me know what you guys think.

Yeah man! Nice work you did there Grin
Michael Olszak
Did i miss the announcement somewhere? I'm sure it was supposed to be the 30th of sept right?
TheLandman

Did i miss the announcement somewhere? I'm sure it was supposed to be the 30th of sept right?

Yeah, you're completely right. I'll post the winner up later today. Im really sorry everyone, I've been in India for the past week so things are crazy.
TheLandman
211 said...

"I've been in India for the past week so things are crazy."

And I wish my life was so crazy!!! India - 'wonderful photo opportunities' are my first thought. I
probably will never get to see that country - so I envy you. I be tripping

Thanks Patrish! Grin I'm about to announce the winner of the competition.

I'm really sorry for the late announcement everyone.
Michael Olszak
I'd like to see India too one day. Would indeed provide some excellent photo opportunities. Also the culture is quite interesting as well.
TheLandman
Thanks to everyone that took part in the competition. All of the work was amazing. The entry with the most "Favorites" is the winner. Check out the our official new blog to see who won