- FAQ General
- FAQ User
- What are my privacy settings?
- How to manage privacy?
- How to manage notifications?
- How to manage your account data?
- How to change my profile pic?
- How to add About me, Interests and Details?
- How to add a cover photo to my profile?
- How to resetting my password on login?
- How to manage my trails?
- What emoticons can I use?
- FAQ Photo
- Video Title
- FAQ Forum
- FAQ Mail
- FAQ Points
If you were looking for something, you probably find it here.
FAQ General ↑
- What is Artrift? ↑
- Artrift is an online digital art community of artists, animators and creative minds. Explore, Discover and be discovered by others. Trail other artists and make new friends.
FAQ User ↑
- What are my privacy settings? ↑
- To get to your privacy settings, click the account menu at the top right of any Artrift page, and choose Privacy Settings. This page contains a group of general controls for your Artriftaccount, such as who can send you friend requests and messages. For everything else that you share on Artrift, you can choose your audience right when you post.
- How to manage privacy? ↑
- To manage privacy settings go to Profile » Privacy Settings, located on the top menu on the right.
- How to manage notifications? ↑
- Go to Profile » Privacy Settings to set whether to get email notifications when another member is interacting with you in some way (pm, comment, etc.)
- How to manage your account data? ↑
- To manage account settings go to Profile » Privacy Settings. Here you can:
- Change your username (log in name)
- Change your full name (displayed name)
- Change your email address
- Change your password (click the Change your password link next to 'Password')
- Change your location
- Change your language
- Change your Date of Birth
- Change your Gender
- Change your Language
- Set your preferred currency
- Set your Forum Signature
- Change the time for Daylight Savings Time
When done, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page.
- How to change my profile pic? ↑
- To manage your profile, go to the Profile tab on the main menu.
Go to Profile » Edit profile pic - Click Browse to search your computer for a .jpg, .gif or .png image to upload.
Select the image you want and click Upload Picture.
- How to add About me, Interests and Details? ↑
- To manage your profile, go to the Profile tab on the main menu.
- Go to Profile » Edit Profile
- Enter what you want and click Update.
- How to add a cover photo to my profile? ↑
- 1. Find an image you want at a place like photobucket, at least 1500 x 1300, and get the URL of the image.
2. Go to Customize profile under the profile menu item.
3. Choose Advanced in the design menu on the left.
4. Place that URL address in the area established for it when you opt to change your background.
5. Save your work
- How to resetting my password on login? ↑
- If you forget your password, click the Forgot password and you will be sent a confirmation email asking if you want to reset your password. Click the link in the email to confirm that you want to change the password. Insert your password into the Login password box.
- How to manage my trails? ↑
- The easiest way to make to trail someone is to click Browse in the main menu. You will see a listing of the members. To the right you will see Add to trails. Click that and a trail request will be sent. You can also go to a member's profile page and send a trail request from there by clicking Add to trails under their profile picture.
- What emoticons can I use? ↑
FAQ Photo ↑
- How to upload photos? ↑
- It is very easy to upload photos on Artrift. Just click on Upload Photos on the left panel on your profile or click on Photos which is also on the left panel and then click on +Upload new photo on the top right hand corner of the page. You will then be brought into a new page where you are given options to:
1. Select or create a new album that you want your photo to be in
2. Select the category of your photo
3. Select and upload the photo from your computer.
Your photo will automatically be uploaded once you select a photo from your computer and select Open.
- How to add or change my profile picture? ↑
- To change your profile picture, go to your Photo page, and mouse over on any photo that you want as your profile picture.
1. Click on the arrow that would appear on the bottom right of your picture
2. Select Set as your profile picture.
To add a profile picture, click on Profile on the top right hand panel of the page, and select Edit profile photo.
1. Click on Choose file to upload a photo from your computer.
2. After selecting a photo that you want, click Upload photos
- How to edit my avatar? ↑
- To edit your avatar's appearance, click on Profile on the top right hand panel of the page, and select Edit profile photo.
1. Click and drag your mouse over the original photo until you are happy with the way the photo is cropped.
2. Once you are happy with the way the photo looks in the preview section, click on Save avatar.
- How to delete photos? ↑
- It is very easy to delete a photo that you do not want. All you need to do is mouse over a photo thumbnail that you do not want anymore, click on the arrow sign that appears on the bottom right of the thumbnail, and select Delete photo. A pop up will appear asking you for confirmation.
- How to like and comment on photos? ↑
- You can comment on your photos or your friend's photos simply by clicking on the text box below each photo.
If you want to like a photo, click on I like which is below each photo.
Video Title ↑
- How do I add videos on Artrift? ↑
- There are two ways you can add videos, share a videos from another sites or upload video from your computer.To upload a video, you can either click on Upload/Share a video which is under the Quick Links panel on the left hand side of the home page, or click on Video which is underneath the Activity Feed panel in the middle of the page.
1. Once you click on Upload/Share a video, you will be taken to a new page where you can upload a video file on your computer (via File Upload).
2. Give a title for your video underneath Video Title
3. You can select the category to which your video belongs to by clicking on the category tab
4. Give your video a short description via the Description text box and you can 'tag' your videos via the Topics box, separating multiple topics with commas
5. Upload the video from your computer by clicking on Select Video. You can upload videos if they are in MPG, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MOV or FLV format.
- To share a video, you can either click on Upload/Share a video which is under the Quick Links panel on the left hand side of the home page, or click on Video which is underneath the Activity Feed panel in the middle of the page.
1. Once you click on Upload/Share a video, you will be taken to a new page where you can paste a file URL (via Paste URL) from another website such as Youtube or Vimeo.
2. You can select the category to which your video belongs to by clicking on the category tab
3. If you have opted to paste a URL, there will be a text box underneath the category tab to paste the URL there.
4. Once you are done just click Add.
- How do I manage the privacy of the videos that I share or upload? ↑
- To manage the privacy of your video, you can do so while uploading or sharing the video URL.
1. While uploading or sharing the video, you can control who can see the video via the privacy settings tab.
2. You can control who can comment on your video via the comment privacy settings tab.
- How do I like, rate or comment on videos? ↑
- Underneath every video that you post or your Artrift friends post, there will be three links which are Like, Comment, and Share.
1. To like a video, just click on Like underneath the video and a thumbs up sign will show up. Your friend will be notified when you like his or her video
2. To comment on a video, click on Comment, and you will automatically be taken to the comment textbox.
3. If you are allowed to share your friend's video, you can click on the Share link and share it on your newsfeed with your other friends
4. To rate a video, click on the stars on the right hand side of the page, which is underneath the video. You can select 1 up to 5 stars, 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best.
- How do I mark videos as a sponsor? ↑
- You will be able to sponsor a video on Artrift. This is available at a small fee and the link will appear on the side bar on the right hand side of the Video page
FAQ Forum ↑
- How to access the forum? ↑
- You can either click on the name of the forum to see the threads, or on the Last Post to view the most recent post.
- How to add new thread? ↑
- To add a thread, click New Thread found at the top left of the forum you are viewing. Add a title for your thread. Post content in the message area. Put tags for your thread for easier searching. Add a poll if you wish. Submit it when done.
- How to thanks the writer? ↑
- If you like a post that you are reading, you can give the writer thanks by clicking the like link at the bottom of that post.
- How to reply to a post? ↑
- If you want to respond to a post just type your response in the Quick Reply area at the bottom of the screen. Post Quick Reply will post the reply.
- How to subscribe and unsubscribe? ↑
- You can unsubscribe or subscribe from threads in the Thread Tools link at the top of the forum thread.
- How to add new blog post? ↑
- Here on Artrift, you can blog about your daily life, or share insights with your friends on anything under the sun.
To add a blog post
1. Click on Blog on the left hand side of the panel on your profile page
2. Select +Add new blog which is on the top right hand corner
3. You can then write your new blog entry. You can attach images, links, videos and even emoticons using the icon panels above the text box. Once you have finished writing your blog post, select the category your post belongs to.
4. You can control who gets to view your blog posts via the privacy settings tab
5. You can control who gets to comment on your blog posts via the comments settings tab
6. Once you have finished, you can either publish, save as draft or preview your post.
FAQ Mail ↑
- How to read a private message? ↑
- To access your PM (mail) click the link on the main menu, Message. You will be brought to your inbox as a default and it will show your messages there.
Click on a message subject to open the message to read it.
- How to reply on a private message? ↑
- There is a reply box below the message (after you've opened it to read it). Type your response in this box if you want to respond and then click Send to send the response.
- How to write new private message? ↑
- To compose a message you can either click Compose to the right of your message list or click Compose found in the Message tab on the main menu.
When composing a message, click To to bring up a list of members for you to select the one you want to send the message to. Select one or more members to send the message to and then click Use Selected. Type your subject in the subject box. Type your message in the message box. When done, click Send or Preview if you want to preview the message before sending it.
FAQ Points ↑
- How does it work? ↑
- Artrift points are a pretty simple concept. You earn points for doing stuff. It's pretty cool!
- How to earn points? ↑
- There are two ways to earn points:
1. Invite Friends. For each friend that accepts your invite, you receive 10 points. No limit. Want 100 points, get 10 friends to join! Want 1,000, dig into your address book!
2. Be active on Artrift publishing content, for each of this action you can earn from 1 to 10 points.
Pretty easy, don't you think? The more points the better!